A UNIQUE APPROACH TO PRIMARY INTELLIGENCE RESEARCH AND ANALYSIS
Aurora has developed a particularly robust model for primary research AND analysis that has proven very effective for our clients over the past 20 years. (As we move into our 20th year in business, we note that many CI firms conduct primary source research. However Aurora has developed a robust model to improve on that.) This includes the following key components:
CLIENT GOALS COME FIRST – Start by addressing the underlying business issue
Before research begins, Aurora works closely with the client to understand the issues or challenges that are prompting the research request. Through this interchange of ideas, Aurora is able to place the research engagement into proper context with the client’s overall strategy and concerns.
A STAFFING MODEL THAT WORKS AND PROTECTS OUR CLIENTS – Match appropriate investigative resources to client questions
Aurora’s analyst staffing model utilizes independent analysts with whom we have long-standing relationships. Analysts go through a rigorous vetting process and must have a minimum of 10 years of CI experience as well as demonstrated subject matter expertise. This staffing model has the following benefits for our clients:
- Analyst teams with appropriate experience and skills – Our staffing model allows us to match analysts with appropriate skills and experience to a particular project without concern for filling up a salaried employee’s billable hours. This staffing model also allows us to select analysts from a much broader pool than would be possible utilizing a full-time employee staffing model.
- Expertise at reasonable cost – Because Aurora does not have the overhead costs of maintaining a full-time analyst staff, we can afford to match the best analysts with specific expertise that would otherwise be cost prohibitive.
- Effective and ethical collection techniques – While our analysts are not Aurora employees, they are contractually bound to adhere to our own strict ethical guidelines. They never misrepresent themselves, and because they are not Aurora employees, they do not identify themselves as such when conducting interviews. This provides our clients with an extra level of security. (Aurora has had no accusation of ethical breach or legal action against it during the entire life of the firm.)
CUTTING-EDGE ANALYSIS – Unique analysis capability due to the integrated nature of the firm
- Multi-discipline approach – Aurora WDC is a fully integrated competitive intelligence firm with expertise in research, competitive simulation, CI program development, and training. This allows our research team to collaborate with our colleagues with special perspective to utilize the most appropriate analytical tools with our research findings to provide impactful business insight.
- Thought leadership – Aurora is a leader in the continued advancement of the competitive intelligence discipline through such initiatives as the virtual CI community, IntelCollab, and semi-annual CI symposia under the RECONVERGE:G2 umbrella. All of our management are involved in these initiatives and bring the lessons learned from them to bear on all of our client engagements.
Our range of services includes the following; however, because all of our Research & Analysis is tailored to your unique circumstances, if you do not see your style of project on this list, please contact us for a discussion around how Aurora’s team can design the right scope to meet your needs.
Global Research & Analysis Services
Operating continuously around the world, Aurora’s team of seasoned intelligence staff, field collection specialists and trusted partners work to answer the most important questions driving your business. Both full-time staff and our global partners work together on your engagement team, carefully vetted to ensure a common code of conduct as well as knowledge of local country dynamics and laws.
In addition to North America, we have conducted client studies in Latin America, EU, BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa), the Middle East, Central Europe, Commonwealth of Independent States (former Soviet Republics), Central Asia, and Southeast Asia.